Let's get on with it!!
It is almost Mother's Day, and I've been scouring Pinterest for some ideas on what to do, craft wise. Usually I'm all about ideas, but with all that's been going on, I'm fresh out. Also, don't judge me, I forgot it was coming up. When I realized, I figured it'd be good to at least remind my husband that his craft services are required for Lillian to make me something super cute, and that I am required by law to sleep in. As for me, I usually do something nice for my own mom, but I like to include people that are a part of my extended mom-type family, like our aunt & my sisters-in-law, who are amazing with Lilly and have always been awesome. Not forgetting the little people that make it all possible... Lilly, Aubrey & Michael.
For a few more ideas, check out my Pinterest board for Mother's Day, and a few of these are the ideas I'm thinking I'm definitely going to try this year:
1. Adorable Mother's Day Printables, including tags, tent cards and labels by Oh Happy Day (get the printable here.)
2. An incredibly affordable alternative to buying some 50$ scrub, is to make my own Brown Sugar Body Scrub, by The Idea Room! Not only will the folks on my list be getting this, but so will I. Ha! (Get the recipe and more scrub ideas.)
3. I think this activity is perfect for Lilly, since she hasn't honed her craft skills just yet. Give the girl time, she's not even 2! I'm loving this Keepsake Hand Print by Silly Eagle Books. (get the how to here.)
4. For the kids, I'm loving the idea of friendship bracelets! Not only is this awesome for Mother's Day, but for *any* other holiday, or just because! Tutorials for different patterns, by The Purl Bee (follow along here)
5. Not only does this Mother's Day Pie look adorable, but it's easier than pie to make. There's even a printable tag included, by Our Best Bites (get the recipe & tag here)
6. Instead of buying some generic card, Lilly will be making these Thumb Print Cards, by More Design Please. (get the tutorial and printable here)
The update has arrived!!
|Lillian, showing off her artwork. After we washed all the stamp ink off.|
|Brown Sugar body scrub, with super cute tags.|
|Vanilla cupcake with Strawberry & Banana creme filling & frosting,|
with a "life would knot be the same without you" tag and friendship bracelet!
|Terrible photo, but you can at least see my (not amazing) macrame skills!|